If you have recently booked with us or if you’re considering a booking, please read our conditions and recommendations, to ensure your visit goes as efficiently and as pleasurably as possible.
Don’t hesitate to discuss any dietary requirements, food allergens or mobility issues with a member of the team. The Devonshire is a very old building with numerous spaces and moving about the pub is never easy at the best of times. We can also be very busy at weekends and on special occasions.
Tables of 8 or more people.
- We require a pre-order for starters and mains at least 72 hours (3 days) prior to your visit. This greatly assists our chefs and helps ensure food arrives promptly and for guests to receive the foods they would like. Some of our popular dishes can sell-out very quickly. Our menus are available on-line (www.devonshirebelper.co.uk) and copies of any menus can be emailed on request. Desserts can be ordered on the night, however pre-ordering assists the kitchen and ensures guests receive what they want.
- We require a £10 per person deposit no later than 1 week before the date and time of your visit. Bookings made within one week, will need to pay the deposit at the time of making the booking. In the current climate, sadly we can’t afford for customers to make large bookings for only a handful of the guests to arrive. Any guests that have paid a deposit, pre-ordered a meal and not shown up, will lose the deposit. Deposits paid by no-show guests cannot be offset against a bill for remaining guests.
- We acknowledge that large bookings made at the last minute might not always able to provide a pre order, but without a pre-order unfortunately there can be delays and ‘out of stock’ of our best sellers.
- Deposits are subtracted from the final bill. We have the facility to split bills if not being paid as a whole.
- Deposits for bookings or persons that are cancelled less 48 hours are non-refundable. Please consider that foods and ingredients are purchased in advance and often prepared several days before.
- We will try and accommodate any last-minute alterations to meals, but these cannot be guaranteed if foods have already been ordered and prepared.
- It is the responsibility of the lead booking guest to ensure pre-orders and deposits are collated and submitted to us by the appropriate times and dates.
We aim to have your food served 20 minutes after your booked time, this gives guests enough time to get drinks and be sat down by one of our team members.
As meals are pre-ordered and prepared for a specific time, it is imperative that all guests are punctual and arrive on time for your booking. We cannot “hold” cooked foods for long periods of time without quality being affected, so please arrive in good time.
For obvious reasons, we cannot serve food to guest who have booked a specific time but decide to turn up when they like. We must reiterate that food will be prepared and ready to serve, 20 minutes after your booking time.
Any changes to your arrival time or food requirements, must be notified no later than 24 hours in advance.
Allergens and Dietary Requirements
- We take hygiene and allergens very seriously, so please ensure we have been informed of any allergens your guests may have in advance of your visit, whether slight or severe. Details of any allergens within any of our freshly prepared dishes can be supplied by staff, upon request.
For more information on the 14 different food allergens, go to: https://www.food.gov.uk/